- Be on time. A lot.
- Be nice.
- Be polite.
- Communicate with Mr. Johnson. Un-asked questions are hard to answer. Un-known problems are hard to solve.
- Work hard. A lot.
- Be open-minded toward others.
- Respect is a two-way street. It must be given in order to be received.
- No bags, backpacks, purses, luggage, totes, carts, wheelbarrows, or other cargo conveyances are allowed in the classroom (school-wide policy)
- Flip phones, iPhones, Android phones, BlackBerrys, smart phones, dumb phones, average intelligence phones, shoe phones, iPads, iPods, or anything else that takes batteries and/or has a screen are to be keep quiet and out of sight unless being used for something legitimately academic WITH the expressed permission of Mr. J. (school policy)
- Snacks, chips, fruit, vegetables, bakery items, candies, gum, mints, suckers, soups, sandwiches, or anything else one can consume as food ARE generally allowed, as long as no trace of them remains when you leave. If messes become a problem your freedom to eat in my room may be revoked.
- Water is ALWAYS allowed. Other beverages are allowed as long as no messes are made and no containers are left behind. If messes become a problem your freedom to consume beverages other than water may be revoked.
- Mr. Johnson's room is to remain a place that is intellectually, emotionally, and physically safe for all students. Ideas may be freely shared without fear of judgement or punishment. HOWEVER, students MUST be conscious of how their ideas may affect others. Comments of a hurtful, aggressive, judgmental, irresponsible, racist, or homophobic will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
- Cheating & Plagiarism: Just don’t do it! There are a multitude of reasons why, including the fact that it is a violation of school policy, it can be considered a violation of the law in some cases, and in many colleges and universities it is grounds for expulsion. Academic dishonesty will not only result in disciplinary action, but also undermines the learning process.
- Late work & Absences: Completing assignments is essential to success in my class. So is turning them in on time! In order to guarantee that learning still takes place, assignments turned in after their due-date will still be corrected and returned to the student. However, late assignments will receive no higher than a 60%.
Excused absences will result in the extension of due dates by one day for every school day missed. Any missed test MUST be completed in order to pass the class.
- Any and all district and/or school policies outlined by the Jenison Public Schools Board of Education will be adhered to by the teacher and students. Please visit http://jpsonline.org for more information.